10 days in London! - Part One




-->
October was a whirlwind of a month! I had just gone to Bangkok for a short trip with my sister and my husband had a work trip to London for 10 days and I have never been to London, so I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to visit!

I was imagining hunting al the antique markets and getting lost on London Bridge, and though the above didn’t quite happen, I did get to spend a lot of time with my Secondary school classmate who has been studying, working and living in London for so many years I can’t quite remember! It was so good to meet her .

The weather in London was really erratic! I would leave the hotel freezing cold and all layered up only for it to become so warm in the afternoon that I can be walking around in a sleeveless top lugging all my coats around.

The first thing that came to my mind when I walked around that first morning was that… this feels so much like New York! The shops and streets were really so similar, though I think New York is a lot more colourful and lively!

Being there 10 days, I really got to GO AROUND! I zoomed into the famous portebello market the first weekend we were there because I so wanted to find vintage brooches for my jewellery and was super excited when I discovered HIRST ANTIQUES – a vintage jewellery shop bursting with treasured bling!

On Portebello Street with my dearest hubby


Hirst Antiques - Window Display






The Restaurant beside Hirst Antiques which had such awesome Fish and Chips!








Fish and Chips!



My dear Friend Carmen :)


At the Museum!




Walking around I saw this TOO CUTE car! There are quite a few of these cute little smart cars in London! I wished Singapore had them so I could drive one. All I need for getting from A to B !

The next day during the weekend when my B didn't have work yet we searched for a good breakfast place and were so glad we found this one on Yelp! I love the signage! " We have the Eggs Factor" LOL. It's super funny and catchy cause the X - Factor is so big over there so Eggs Factor is really funny. 



 The interior is SOOOO cosy! Reminds me of a high school girl's wall in a room with all the little notes, pictures and magazine clippings!



If you are in London you have to visit the Breakfast club!
I think they have a few outlets!

http://www.thebreakfastclubcafes.com/



Another CUTE CAR! Vintage Mini !






Museum of Natural History





Till Part Two!
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts