What am I Saying and WHY?

Recently a friend was saying how she would never want to get on Instagram or become a blogger because she didn't want to get all wrapped up by how many likes she got and get obsessed with social media like how a lot of people are today. 

Valid, very valid.It came from a heart that was after God and she did not want to be distracted, and I could completely understand that.

Valid, because it's true that it CAN get you.

It CAN get you when why you are saying what you are saying and why you are sharing becomes all about and ONLY about you. And even and just when you think that you are on solid ground ( in not making it about you), you could get swept off your feet and wrapped up in it at any point in time.)

It CAN get you when you value yourself based on how many followers you have, how many likes you get - because it gets you when you win some, you feel good, and when you lose some, you go DOWN.
When Likes make you feel approved, accepted, understood, celebrated, (all of which are important), if we value ourselves based on the approval and acceptance of others, we will be disappointed. Because people change their minds. People have their moods. Very few people are filled with unconditional love, and there are a good number of people who are easily offended when your thoughts and values come into conflict with theirs.

BUT the one who approves, accepts and celebrates you - that one person - or 3 persons is God, Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ. They are the only ones who completely 'GET" you because THEY MADE YOU!
God, investigate my life;get all the facts firsthand.
I’m an open book to you;
even from a distance,  
you know what I’m thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
I’m never out of your sight.


You know everything I’m going to say

before I start the first sentence.

I look behind me and you’re there,
then up ahead and you’re there, too—
your reassuring presence, coming and going....

Then I said to myself, “Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
 At night I’m immersed in the light!”
It’s a fact: darkness isn’t dark to you;
night and day, darkness and light, they’re all the same to you.
you formed me in my mother’s womb.
I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking!
 Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
 how I was sculpted from nothing into something.


Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I’d even lived one day.
- (Psalm 139, message translation, Bible)

Now where was I.... :)
No matter what platform you are on and how many people are listening and watching, the way you do life and look at life and share life will be the same.  What are you all about, what are you sharing?

"But how can people call for help if they don’t know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven’t heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them?" Romans 10:14-17

I feel like I've been asked this question in my heart recently. " how YOU are YOU willing to be to one person to 10 friends or 1000 social media followers/friends? Which YOU will they see?


And this is why I share.

Why my mess is my message, 

and why I write.



MY DEAREST FRIEND,


If you don't know this GOD who knows you inside out and loves and accepts you so unconditionally that his son Jesus Christ DIED for you, so that you could live eternally in the presence of God, cancelling and paying for that sin that has and had been that barrier between you and God, I would like you invite you to know him.
HE LOVES YOU, He really really does, and I have encountered that love of Christ in my heart and it has changed my life. I pray that today as you feel that nudging in your heart that wants to know this God, that you will encounter him RIGHT NOW. I pray that wherever you are, he will touch you. Mentally, physically, emotionally, spirit, soul and body.
I pray that he send people into your life that would share with you more of his truth and goodness and wisdom. That would teach you to walk and talk with him. That he would surprised you day after day, just how much he loves you.
HE LOVES YOU and I love you when I don't even know you yet because of the love that I have received.
If you would like to know more about this God and have me pray with you, please let me know! I would love to walk with you! <3

I pray that you so radically encounter that love of God that your life will never be the same again. I pray that you will have a relationship with the one that pursues you, made you, and knows you. I pray that you hear his voice as he is ALWAYS speaking to you if you would open your heart to listen. 




Comments

Popular Posts